|
7 members (texritter, KyleCrawford, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, bennash, 1 invisible),
66,821
guests, and
5,624
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 12,225 Likes: 54
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 12,225 Likes: 54 |
BJ, that the music business is tightly controlled by the money...I'll agree. Try getting on Saturday Night Live or a major talk show without major backing...very difficult I'm sure. Some are more generous than others (I doubt for example that SNL is an easy to get gig while Letterman is more daring and less beholden to the powers that be). And yes, I'm sure payola is still around in different clothes, but still, the ultimate vote comes from the buyers pockets...and I give them more credit that you do.
Lastly,
"If she has to stoop to wearing outrageous indecent garb and flashing her boobies to sell records and get publicity then that tells me two things. 1. She has little self respect and low morals.
Maybe she has more self confidance, more daring, more flamboyance, a greater sense of adventure, or maybe she is less repressed, less inhibited, less self conscious.... I could go on here but I think I've made my point
2. She has very little musical talent.
As a crown attorney might say "I rest my case on the evidence Your Honour"
If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,061
Posts1,185,726
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|