5 reasons, IMO

The music is danceable...has a great beat

She sings the songs well

Her songs have memorable hooks

Her songs "stand out" in the market

I have seen her songs done fully produced and "unplugged" and either way, the songs are good.



And there's probably is no "magic bullet" that sets her far apart from the crowd talent (singing, songwriting) wise, but I do believe she IS

that unique individual (person, training, experience, drive, connections)

who was at the right place (New York) in the right industry (songwriting) with reasonable success (as Stefani Germotta (sp?),

who made the right connections (industry, fashion)

who saw and was able to exploit the opportunities that opened up for her.


So yeah, I get the part that others have the necessasry, and perhaps some even have more, talent that "deserves" success...but more goes into the equation than raw talent...


If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop