Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
Oh, back to music itself for a moment....the chords and chord progressions are , in my opinion, meaningless. It's all about the melody, rhythm, arrangement, and lyric that "flows through" the progression.

By your statement, what can be more basic and G C D ? Yet some brilliant songs have been written using that most basic of progressions.

By your statement, what happens if I transpose to a different key and start introducing more difficult to play chords? What happens if I play C and Am in different voicings. Does it suddenly become better?

By your statement, most rock and roll is crap, basic blues is entirely crap, and down the crapper goes "three chords and a sad story"





Simplistic is perhaps a better word. There has been some great three chorders but that is not my point. I use the word crap as to mean nothing more than she is nothing special or out of the ordinary. Lets not get bogged down with symantics. I think everyone knows what I mean it just seems that most folk are splitting hairs.
For the record PLEASE tell ME why you think she merits all this attention and why you think she IS even above average when it comes to writing and performing. I have seen or heard nothing that sets her apart from the many thousand wannabes who play pinao and sing.