|
6 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, KyleCrawford, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
28,052
guests, and
5,505
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463 |
High John I agree with most of what you say....Apart from the bit about bad acts. Milli Vanilli are just one example of the industry trying to pull the wool by kidding us on that crap has talent. I bet both you and I could both cite many other examples. There is different tastes obviously and I probably have different taste than most others. But hey we as musicians can appreciate skill and talent whether it is your cup of tea or not. By the same token we know when folk cannot sing or play guitar etc etc etc regardless of what kind of stuff they perform. I just watched La Roux (she just had a number one UK hit a month or so ago) She performed covers of classic songs for charity singing live on a tribute program and it was like amateur night at a karaoke. She was woefully bad. I mean woefully bad. Her mother is a famous soap actress.....mmmmmn I wonder how she got a break. All I am saying is that too many people get fame these days when they do not have the talent to back it up. I am sure we both know folk who are as good if not better as gaga or a lot of the others and could do as good a job. I bet they are not making the money they do. Why cannot the truly talented people get a shot first. I stand by my comments that the industry is corrupt. Do not be fooled into thinking that people who sell millions of records necessarily have real talent. Audience...I am sure I saw them back in the seventies backing Led Zep but am not that familiar with their work. EBTG have had successs and I am familiar with their work....not exactly my cup of tea but can see the talent they have.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,052
Posts1,185,703
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|