|
6 members (Sunset Poet, texritter, bennash, Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, Fdemetrio),
37,941
guests, and
5,835
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 301
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 301 |
Big Jim, You said: Bill I do not follow your argument.....you say that you do not like gaga and do not get it. Then you defend her saying that if millions buy into the hype I must be wrong in saying she does not deserve it. You are a respected musician..use your ears and eyes....is she SO much better than the acts you see on a day to day basis? You always read 1 or two sentences of my posts and then fire back so I'll keep this short. I'm open minded enough to know that just because I don't like something doesn't always mean it automaticslly sucks. I'm suggesting that you aren't. I didn't say that gaga IS good. I'm just saying that she MAY be good and maybe I still have something new to learn to appreciate. The data would suggest that may be the case. You discount the data wholly as not only irrelevant but fraudulent. My parents hated the Beatles when they first came out for the EXACT SAME REASONS you hate Lady GAGA...the Beatles were outside the world they knew and felt comfortable in. You can make your world as big or small as you want to. I can't stand her so am I as guilty as you and my parents? It's not the music I've decided to hate...it's the obscenity. I don't get the music but she's not off key and she can sing her arse off so for me the jury's out on the music. Bill www.writethismusic.com
Last edited by billrocker; 03/25/10 02:41 AM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,094
Posts1,185,796
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|