Bill I am not saying she or other pop stars have NO talent I am saying that they are over hyped over paid and over rated and are nothing special. I view and judge all music as to whether I think it is well written and performed not on how popular it is. Popularity does not mean greatness. Macdonalds are popular but unhealthy crap just the same.
Some people are taking offence because I say that the general public are stupid and gullible. Bill the whole human race is stupid and gullible. Perhaps if we were not as stupid then we could live in harmony with each other without crime, war, greed, selfishness and poverty.
We are all gullible and in my experience the most gullible are the very ones who say they are not gullible. Anything can be sold if it is hyped and packaged correctly FACT. If you do not believe me ask the sales and marketing teams and the advertising agencies. Watch the TV and magazine ads....do you believe all what they say? If you do then you are gullible if you do not then you are in agreement with me. Sad thing is there are millions who do believe and buy crap at inflated prices.
PC ink carts are obscenely expensive yet the ink costs only pennies.....why? cause we are gullible enough to let them get away with it. Why should music be any different?
The Simon Cowell's of this world are not stupid....succesful con men rarely are. They rely on the stupidity of the masses to buy into whatever they put in front of us.
Most folk are too weak to protest and some who try to get a piece of the cake or see themselves as potential popstars are afraid to rock the boat. I understand that.