Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 301
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 301 |
John you are quoting sales figures and statistics that are born of hype and the gullibility of people who buy into this crap. I can't stand her because I think she's obscene. But I think musically she has it going on even if I don't get it, and that she's talented despite the fact that I don't like it. Dude, I love the fact that you are passionate about good music. but does it concern you at all you that you've decided that 30 million people are not only wrong, but gullible and stupid, and you're right? Could there be any possibility whatsoever that this woman's success is a reflection, to at least some degree, of her talent? Let me turn it around a little... Let's say a woman named Linda Smith submitted some of her lyrics or songs to JPF for comments for the first time. Let's say those songs were the very hits that Lady G has released on the radio but nobody had ever heard of her or her songs before this moment in time...that JPF was seeing her work for the first time. Would you have had any more willingness to consider her work, perhaps embrace her work, or at least give her the benefit of the doubt, simply because she was new, she was here, and no one had ever heard of her? Would you have been an more inclinded to encourage her as you do other writers on these boards, or would you have simply written her off as a no talent? With respect, Bill Renfrew www.writethismusic.com
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,100
Posts1,185,830
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|