|
11 members (KyleCrawford, texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Bill Draper, Guy E. Trepanier, Sunset Poet, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, bennash, 2 invisible),
54,122
guests, and
5,586
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Bill Draper - 09/30/26 02:55 PM
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 12,225 Likes: 54
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 12,225 Likes: 54 |
I definitely admit I bring my own experiences to the table and filter what I see and hear through that. But I do look at more than one place when I chase an important story.
We all do.
And to answer your question, I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot, not sure I really remember Johnson except as Kennedy's follow up, disliked Nixon and Ford, actually admired Reagan for lots of his accomplisments (loved it when he faced down the air traffic controllers for example) ...thought Jimmy Carter honest but ineffective, did not mind HWB, thought Clinton was mostly the cat's meow, am mixed about Dubya, thought Obama was really good, and think Trump is abysmal.
In Canada I have voted Liberal and Conservative at both Federal and Provincial levels. I am currently a fan of Trudeau and the Liberals federally, but at the Provincial level, right now Conservative Doug Ford (the infamous Rob Ford's brother) looks good as a leader in how he handles COVID.
Just trying to say I look at what is happening currently and who may be the right person with the right policies. It actually works here because no matter who you vote for, parties here try to work the middle ground.
I will look at that site...
And Gavin...love the bias index you present. So true. I am eagerly awaiting Trump's mug shot <lol...it's a joke>
If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,059
Posts1,185,720
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|