|
5 members (Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, KyleCrawford, texritter, 1 invisible),
16,257
guests, and
5,496
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 2,230 Likes: 31
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 2,230 Likes: 31 |
This is just my opinion, but I don't think anyone should look at Breitbart, etc. Nor should they look at any equivalent on the left. The idea that the only way to arrive at the truth is to look at two lies is deeply depressing. There are journalists who do actually strive to tell the truth. They deserve support instead of constant undermining by those who don't like the facts they report. A while ago, Mike Zaneski posted a link to a site that was a useful guide to finding these sources, Of course, the more rabid will claim that that site itself is biased  Everything is biased. I dont think that any journalist sticks to the truth. They are like lawyers. If they stick to only the truth, presented without emotional editing through vocal tones and countenances...they will lose the case or the ratings war. The guy that lies and/or distorts is likely the guy that wins in both fields. Ugly but true. If you watch CNN, you are watching a propaganda machine that is a clear extension of the DNC. Gavin, you are liberal. If you believe something is accurate reporting, it feeds your bias. I promise. I have conservative friends who will not watch "that lying crap" on CNN, MSNBC etc. I suggest to them that is the only way to have a chance of finding out "the rest of the story." What I've noticed is that they cant bear to watch it at an emotional level. If a person cant watch an opposition propaganda, then they are making themselves a "useful idiot" to a different set of propagandists. You heard it here. Dispute it if you like, but such is the reality of this world. I'm sorry, Marty, but what you think is the wisdom of experience explaining the reality of this world is just what you have been led to believe by the tactic of convincing you that nobody can be trusted to tell the truth. Discrediting the media is central to sowing the kind of "who knows what's really going on?" confusion that lets certain people get away with lying and incompetence. It brings everyone down to the same level as those sowing this doubt. It's done on purpose with the precise aim of making you feel the way you do. What has CNN got to do with it? I am aware of their bias. I don't count them among the reliable news sources as far as political matters are concerned. As I've said elsewhere, I don't think they deliberately lie, but their bias comes through loud and clear in what they choose to cover, who they have to analyze the news and the angles from which they approach it.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,050
Posts1,185,699
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|