Brian,

Could it be you've already increased some muscle mass? Muscle weighs more than fat. So, from what I've been told by exercise physiologists, it takes a bit of patience to begin to see the numbers drop. Exercise ALWAYS helps diabetes and a multitude of other things including depression (gulp), I'll addd. I better get myself off to the gym! or better yet, take the kids for a bike ride. smile

PS: There is also another phenomenon that might be the reason. It actually works to protect the body in case of starvation. When the brain first 'realizes' that caloric intake has been reduced substantially, it automatically goes into a protective mode of sparing calories. It has to do with metabolic regulation. The endocrine system has its ways of regulating all this stuff. It shuts down in certain areas of normal caloric expenditure which actually can increase a person's weight. This is temporary though as the body learns to shift over into burning fat stores. Just takes a while for the regulatory centers of the body to share all the vital information and get things on an even keel. Sorta like a mechanic with a car engine. First, one part of the engine gets tuned, then that reveals another area. Probably not a good analogy but it's the only one I can think of right now. Just remember one cell of the body has as much sophistication as the whole city of Chicago does with 'infrastructure'. We gotta be patient. There's a lotta changes taking place on a cellular level! smile smile :0

Kudos to you for tackling this with diet and exercise! The slow but longlasting results way. I know you can do it! smile

Vanessa