|
7 members (texritter, CTthomas, Bill Draper, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
34,019
guests, and
5,824
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,639
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,639 |
I was in Vietnam and I have a purple heart to show for it but I will not vote for John McCain. I think his experience there harmed him psychologically and I don't think he has the temperament to be commander-in-chief. But in the interest of fairness and because I work with the television journalism students here at TCU who are trained to be fair in their reporting, I will post 2 YouTube videos about John McCain, both by Vietnam POW vets. One vet thinks McCain is a great man and one thinks he is not fit to be president. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfyGdG9llSE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KjsEs46C70 The first video was a Fox News Network story. The second was obviously edited and distributed by some kind of propaganda machine. Still, the interview and the sentiments of the POW vet appears not to have been manipulated except for the way it was edited and you do have to be wary of those kinds of things- in other words, did they splice segments together to be concise or did they spice them together to created false persuasion. I am not at all afraid that everything will go to hell if Obama is president but I have learned a little more about his plan for a tax increase on the so called "wealthy" and I cannot find credible economist who think that is a good idea. $250,000 is not a lot of money and it is not the damaged done to small business that will cause the greatest job loss but the damage done to big business if we raise taxes. GM stock is in the tank and right here in Dallas/Fort Worth we have a huge GM plant. A tax hike on GM will cause layoffs and higher prices for the new "Volt" that will be rolling off the lines next in 2011. I think I am finished with the blame game. We will have to live with the fact that the next president is likely to be Obama and if we believe his better angels, he will work across the isle and provide a steady hand and optimistic vision. We'll just have to hope that will be true.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,082
Posts1,185,776
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|