I believe the best comment here is from COUCHGROUS

I repeat , Songs are not novels , There is No Real Story Line here, Its Too vague

and worst of all It's Preaching

When someone gives you an honest critique, that's something

worth thinking about , a song must have a beginning a middle and an end

Study songs recorded by Kenny Rogers , Interesting story lines , keeping the listeners

wanting more ;

Yes maybe they were hits Fifty years ago, but they still stand up today,

as do the brilliant songs of Marty Robins,

A well written song has to pull the listener in and keep them there to the

end, Does yours do that ???.

If someone can tell me why this is a well written song ,I would welcome their

opinion,but I would never agree with it


I found the whole recording quite painful to listen to.












Last edited by Cheyenne; 08/08/18 03:22 AM.

One of the most important principles of songwriting is to remember that a good song is a partnership of many different components, all working together to produce a satisfying musical experience.

In that respect, song components are either enhancing or compromising their combined effects.