|
5 members (bennash, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, texritter, 1 invisible),
41,430
guests, and
5,991
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,158 Likes: 87
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,158 Likes: 87 |
GoCart, even if Zeppelin stole from spirit, which they didn't, the probably stole it from classical composers which the judge deemed. But even if they did, spirit didn't even come close to writing stairway to heaven...and they wrote it?
Stairway to heaven is an epic journey that will continue to stop people in their tracks.
Spirit?
But yeah, I did clarify that any of us should be so fortunate to have been involved in stairway to heaven. Once in a generation song.
Sorry Floyd!
Personally, I think that LZ did steal the opening phrase from Spirit. With an alteration. The alteration apparently makes it not legally a lift but I do not think that Stairway would exist if Page never heard Spirit prior to writing it. I read that they toured with them prior to Stairway. The music sounds too close to be coincidental. It's on youtube as a mash-up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-81X3T6CC2UIt was adjudicated and found by one jury and or judge not to be stolen. Does not mean another one would find the same way. And does not mean that it was not stolen. In spite of the fact that I think that Page lifted it and in spite of an undying rumor that Page held an underage girl in his house as a willing hostage to avoid prosecution for having sex with her...I love Stairway. I don't think that I would want to spend any time around the members of LZ but love that song anyway. I apologize for running completely off with your thread Floyd. FWIW...I think that Gocart is wrong. Your song is just as good as Stairway. 
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,824
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|