Originally Posted by Cheyenne


...and worst of all It's Preaching



Actually, there is not a single Preaching line in the entire song.
Every line is a part of the narrative. No Preaching.

"You got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run"

THAT is Preaching (to give a reference you will be familiar with). Telling others what they should and shouldn't do.



Quote

When someone gives you an honest critique, that's something worth thinking about ,


I agree. For you to assume that I do not think it through is fairly presumptive on your part.


Quote

a song must have a beginning a middle and an end


Beginning - Sunday morning with his young family he is called out and kills a man.
Middle - He roams the rest of his life running from his past.
End - He is called out again and is killed.

Check, check, check.

Apparently this was so painful to listen to you didn't even bother.


Quote

A well written song has to pull the listener in and keep them there to the end, Does yours do that ???.


Apparently it does for many listeners who have made comments. After all, it is THE END that y'all seem so up in arms about.


Quote

If someone can tell me why this is a well written song ,I would welcome their opinion,but I would never agree with it


Now THERE is a pure definition of a CLOSED MIND. Why should ANYONE tell you ANYTHING. What difference would it make?


Quote

I found the whole recording quite painful to listen to.


What a lovely thing to say. You are, obviously, SUCH a lovely person. A real class act.