STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN


Intro is too long.
Intro is too slow and doesn't grab my interest.
Lyrics are nonsensical babbling, have no idea what this is about.
A stairway? from exactly where? To exactly to where?
Heaven? Just an abstraction and not well described. Put me there. Give me some imagery. Clouds? Pearly gates? Harps? something?
Song is way too long and takes forever to get to the chorus.
Actually, there is no chorus.
Most importantly, it is not written in the paradigm style that is... ALL THINGS ME.
One hell of an emotional electric guitar solo though.


On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 2.5. I gave it 2.5 for the solo.
This is not what Jason Blum had in mind. Read his book and think of nothing else when you write.
So, re-write it. In fact, just throw it out and start over.


There is an infamous "Don't Blink" thread from another site years ago. I think it is one of the best object lessons to occur on a song site.