|
8 members (bennash, Raymond Byabazaire, Kay-lynn Carew, KyleCrawford, texritter, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
84,516
guests, and
5,646
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,559
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,559 |
[quote=Cheyenne] If someone can tell me why this is a well written song ,I would welcome their
opinion,but I would never agree with it
I found the whole recording quite painful to listen to. [quote]
I am all for honest critiques. That being said, the above is just rude and not helpful by any measure. Frankly, I question if it just wasn't trolling. Floyd could sing the phone book and it would be engaging. Granted, it wouldn't be a very good song, but it sure wouldn't be painful to listen to.
In my first comments on this tune, I had not read the other comments. I came back to the thread to have a second listen because I liked the song so much and first learned of the controversy upon my return. I can honestly say this is among my favorites of Floyd's. To each his own, for sure. Painful to listen to though? That is just silly!!!
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,063
Posts1,185,730
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|