Well, I think we could use a section on the forum for serious reviews. Just one spot where people really wanting a bare look at their songs can dip in if they feel they are ready and willing.

Clearly not everybody wants that.

I guess people have figured out that there is nothing to be had in the songwriting business, and so posting a song is just a social (media) practice.

Hey, here's a picture of me and family at Jose Texas eating Mexican....mmmmmm. Response...thumbs up, I love me some Mexican food...

Hey, here's a video of my daughter dancing at school.. Thumbs up, now go an thumbs up my nephew in his play...

Hey here's a song I wrote. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad, it's a song i wrote, now go like it, and say great things!

Is the idea to just clap because it's somebody asking for our approval, and know they will get it here. Or is the idea to try and improve and keep growing.

Everybody has a different purpose

For me, if nothing else is to be had, the only thing left is to try and write a great songs. A crap one doesn't help me. And false praise is transparent.

The social media side is fine, but just remember, your friends and people who love you are gonna tell you you are great regardless.

I suggest one section for the not feint of heart. Cause some people are interested in the other side....




Last edited by Fdemetrio; 08/11/18 09:17 AM.