Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463 |
I'm giving you a hard time, Big Jim...I'm a huge Dylan fan. His influence was brilliant music, brilliant performance, and, sure, rebel icon. But if all you see is the icon, you're missing the point. Time to go back to school, James Merrilees, and read what people like Lennon and Harrison learned from Mr. Zimmerman. (He was a pest when he was 18-19 in Dinkytown in Minneapolis...things changed). I know about Dylan and his influences and the Beatles etc. I lived through that era. I was just stating that a lot of people followed the hype and the rebel icon they only pretended to like and understand his music as it was considered fasionable. He did influence a lot of musicians no doubt. IMO and a lot of others he was not a great singer and the few performances I have seen him doing live was pretty poor. HE DID WRITE SOME GREAT SONGS. I am not slating Dylan just giving what I think is a balanced opinion.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,090
Posts1,185,792
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|