|
9 members (texritter, Michael W. Brown, Sunset Poet, Gary E. Andrews, Fdemetrio, bennash, 3 invisible),
27,443
guests, and
5,926
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,384
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,384 |
I just got back from work and to my surprise the topic has seemed to die down some. Darn! This is entertaining.
Much music nowadays sounds like someone took a karoake song, scrambled it around, and called it an original. But every now and then, someone comes along with something of their own, definately has an order to it, and would'nt compromise. I don't hear a lot of much new nowadays, although I do hear it occasionally.
I guess being a realist that has no desire to be a performer or conform to a given way, than I will always be where I am with it. But also that trends do change, especially when revenue get stagnant in the music business. I try to fit the structures to the pattern. I would like to have people take a song idea and do something around it. Could it be a lick, a lyric, a fragment? From what have been hits with what a post has been pointed out, I can never be that horrible. And I also loathe it when a musician believes they can presume whether I made attempts because they don't find it good enough. Especially when it would be a lot easier nowadays to fake my way in. What I regret are collab opportunities that I passed up. Most professionals are too sqeaky tight in their ass to do that. But I can only bend for their way if they can bend for mine. I would take someone like Jason Blume upon his own merits and take what may work for my situation. I'm sure it would be a great, interesting read anyway. But we all have our own situation, wants, and desires.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,096
Posts1,185,811
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sharing in your success is the payback to those who shared in your failure." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|