Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
Greg Some people care, and I appreciate what your saying and trying to do. I do have perspective to the point where it hurts me  Many times I wish I didn't know better and didn't go through the things I have, then again I wouldn't trade it either. See being able to jump into different peoples worlds is both a good & bad thing. It's hard to find a home. Like say we all sit in a room for 2 hours and someone starts blasting some banging tracks and we have to come up with melodies for those tracks, and they have to be CATCHY!!! And you can't make the listener think your 30 40 50 60 years old even if you are.. And it has to be convincing enough to the ones who are gonna LAYOUT all the bread to do this thing... Ther artist has to love it & feel at well. This can be poppy pop Hip Hop or Metal even though only Bands do metal... but ya know what I mean. Being able to separate the MUSICAL YOU... for the challenge at hand. And for added measure it's for a MAJOR label and a chance of a lifetime for anyone who ever sang a melody or picked up a pen to write. NO MATTER what style. I've been in that room and have watched sophisticated,educated, songwriters or musicians or what have you fold like an accordionAs for the ones who lasted, I could do so so many things that none of the others could do there, but never did I not show respect or lose perspective of anyone or anything. They were there man. And I know what it took to be there with them. Hard Work and determination deserves credit & respect in any fieldPerspective!
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,777
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|