Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,554
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,554 |
Well, my experience with young musicians in Chicago tells me that Dylan is still impacting some young folks in the same way he was impacting some young folks ten years ago, and twenty years ago, and yes, even thirty years ago. Does the average teenager listen to Dylan? Probably not, but I think many of them know who he is and can name a song or two of his. It is funny, but with every generation there seems to be a percentage of young musician/songwriter types who think they have rediscovered a lost masterpiece and will sing one of the really overdone Dylan songs, or even in some cases build their repertoire around them. Yes, I believe Dylan is still having a large impact on some people, and since they are often the creative ones, his influence will continue to be felt by current and future generations.
I had heard of Jason Blume before joining Just Plain Folks, but would probably not remember where I heard of him or why his name was familiar if not for this site. I have only heard positive things about him, so I take it on faith that he is really good at what he does. I would certainly go to one of his classes if the opportunity arose AND it was free.
I happen feel like you can learn something from almost anyone if you pay attention to what they have to offer. The lesson may be something they themselves haven't even grasped, yet.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,090
Posts1,185,792
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|