Originally Posted by Kevin Emmrich
Mike: I written a "door opener" -- what now?

Kevin


50 Ways to Pitch Your Demo

(With apologies to Paul Simon)


The demo's done and the producer said to me,
I don't think that I've ever heard a song so perfectly,
This is Nashville, it is money, it is just like radio,
There must be 50 Ways to Pitch Your Demo.

Give your motor a rev, Kev,
Hop on the road, Joe,
Come down to Nashville, Arvill,
And get you a hit.
Don't sit on your butt, Mutt,
No time to be shy, Ty,
Start walkin' the street, Pete,
And get you a hit

But it's so hard, Mike and my old couch is so soft,
And I have a sneezing fit each time I turn the tv off,
And it's really quite relaxing sitting here in my old loft,
So please tell me what the magic secret is.
So Mike sat down to type at his computer screen,
He said, the secret is there's only one guarantee,
If you don't play the game, then a winner you won't be,
So let me say again about the fifty ways.

Just get off the bed, Fred,
Write a new line, Kline,
Make a good plan, Ann,
And get you a hit,
Make a lot of friends, Ben,
Pass out a lot of cards, Marv,
Cowrite a lot, Mott,
And get you a hit,
Get yourself known Jones,
Rewrite 'til you're blue, Boo,
Learn to produce, Bruce,
And get you a hit,
Get into the line, Brian,
Be a helping hand, Stan,
Go to writer's nights, Ike
And get you a hit,
Don't ever quit, Skip
Don't go feeling down, Brown,
Put a smile on your face, Ace
And get you a hit,
Always stay Jolly, Dolly
Don't call our stuff crap, Chap,
The business ain't scary, Mary,
Just get you a hit,
Make a big fuss, Russ,
Leave no stone unturned, Ern,
Meet a lot of folks, Doak,
And get you a hit,
Act like it's a job, Bob,
Don't just wait for luck, Chuck,
Don't go acting mean, Jean,
And get you a hit.


You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash

It's only music.
-niteshift

Mike Dunbar Music