|
7 members (Fdemetrio, Michael W. Brown, Andy K, Gary E. Andrews, Bill Draper, 2 invisible),
76,405
guests, and
6,198
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
OP
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
Ray, I love it all, old or new. Music is so much better than silence. Sure, songs I love are out of style. Songs I love are in style too.
Back to the subject. I'm not saying, and I'm sure Marc would agree, that folks shouldn't write negative songs. Write the best songs you can. Just don't stop trying to write the hard stuff, the positive songs. When those positive songs get you in the door and, God willing, get you some good cuts, then the negative songs won't scare off the suits.
Folks can limit themselves and diminish their chances or break through those limitations and increase their chances.
Undoubtedly, 100% guaranteed...up-positive songs have a tremendously better chance at getting a songwriter noticed. And they always have, even when I got here in the late seventies when some of those songs that old fa...I mean some of those songs that seasoned individuals love. But, truly great up-positive songs are much harder to write, so there's a glut of the negatives. Again, again, again, sad songs, negative songs, angry songs are a dime a dozen. Up, positive, enlightening, uplifting, funny, dance-making songs are like gold.
But what do I know? What does Marc know? Or Rand? I suppose folks are better off getting their information from people who aren't living in a music center and whose business isn't making music.
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,102
Posts1,185,837
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|