Others will come along and get into great detail about this I'm sure.
And this subject always comes up.

1- Your recording sounds bad. NO ONE takes you seriously. Its like wearing a rag dipped in grease to your job interview, It says "You don't care enough"

Oh but I can't afford to or etc... Well these other ten thousand songwriters can...

How?

Well they put there music and songs before everything else in there life pretty much.

Like for example...

Well drive a piece of crap car
Do not go on vacations... EVER!
Limit your drinking,smoking, eating out whatever... smile

Now for the composer who can write a zillion hit songs....
Write ONE! and it will pat for EVERYTHING! all the recordings and whatever...

Just like if your an established "Artist: you can write so so top actual crap songs well if your a writer only who is established you can walt in mostly with people who you already no and more importantly "Know You" and play a tune or give em a real real rough maybe even a cassette straight out of the tape deck.

But believe me those first times those hit writers spent MONEY and TIME!
They still do afterwards but it gets a bit easier when you have some money to work with.

For the millions of others. those days are long over. They want quality in every regard. I don't blame them for this. I do blame them for a whole bunch of other things. smile

Regardless of all that wind as for this statement

If you dont have to be a great Songwriter to be recognized as an Artist. Why do you have to be a great Artist to be recognized as a Songwriter?

I couldn't agree with you more! smile


Thanks!
Peace Mike
Sub

Music & Video's & Photo's
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=482602

Demo/Production & Music Services
http://www.substudiomusic.com