|
6 members (KyleCrawford, Michael W. Brown, texritter, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews, 1 invisible),
35,763
guests, and
5,540
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 09:40 AM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 706
Top 500 Poster
|
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 706 |
It is hard to be outside Nashville and imagine what it's like in Nashville. Even if you're successful though it's still tough. There's a writer I know who wrote two top five singles, another top twenty single, with one of them being a George Strait single. He was working at Guitar Center the last time I saw him.
Most people think their songs are great and I'm no different. My only advantage is I know how wrong most of us are about that. Ever watch the tryouts at American Idol? Some of those people might just want to be on TV but the ones who come out crying actually thought they could win.
This year I had the pleasure of watching Susan Boyle shock the world. If you write as good as Susan Boyle sings, you have a good chance. And I personally think it you write that good, you will be noticed. Am I that good? Shoot yeah, just ask me! They must not have found me yet. I'm sure they're looking.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,052
Posts1,185,701
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|