Ah, Well,
How are you going to know who will make it big before it happens.

Back in the early 60's I met a young county artist down in Texas. He was as good as anyone I had ever heard. In fact he was very popular in and around Corpus Christi. He would get standing ovations for his preformances. He even came close to recording one of my songs. However he never went PRO but did make several records. I have a full tape of the songs he recorded.

Most of us will not have any chance of pardering up with an up and coming artist that will make it big. And Marc, the gloom and doom you mention in the music business says to everyone, you should just quit now because you don't have a ghost of a chance of getting something cut. I don't necessarily disagree with your friend at Sony Publishing. But I ain't giving up, Brian ain't giving up. AND, when Sony wants Publishing on one of my songs, I just may consider him!

My former Publisher called again. He is in New York on vacation. He is returning this week. He is thinking about also becoming an ASCAP Publisher. It seems most likely he will be looking for songs from outside writers again. We are putting up a new Web Site with a good selection of our songs.

He met a couple of girl singers from New Jersey. He is going to send them a selection of songs. So don't give up folks, the best is yet to come!

Last edited by Ray E. Strode; 09/27/09 11:47 PM.

Ray E. Strode