Originally Posted by Z. Mulls
Everett, we're all works in progress and we're all learning. I still have plenty to learn. About a year ago, I was exactly where you were, wondering why the doors didn't just fly open when I wanted them to.

These guys in Nashville are inundated. They spend their entire day listening to music (a lot of it at least decent), meeting people, wall-to-wall -- and they're probably not hearing a hundredth of what's out in the Nashville community. For every songwriter they give time to, there are probably ten more banging on their door wondering why the publisher won't give them just five minutes to listen to their hits. And you and I, sitting out of town, are not going to have a lot of success breaking through that unless we're extremely lucky.


Yes Z, reality is a bitch, a cruel one at that. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and I am an old dog, we all know the music scene is for the youth, age and wisdom is frowned on, not revered like in some societies.


The more you taste the bitterness of defeat, the sweeter final victory will be

May the flowers of love forever bloom in your garden of life

http://www.soundclick.com/newsflashsounds

http://www.soundclick.com/newsflashgospel

www.cdbaby.com/all/eca333

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/newsflashsounds