|
8 members (texritter, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, KyleCrawford, Raymond Byabazaire, Gary E. Andrews, 2 invisible),
67,156
guests, and
6,059
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,427 Likes: 16
Top 50 Poster
|
Top 50 Poster
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,427 Likes: 16 |
April, Most everybody is dead. Just kidding. It is the same as it always has been. Some people do well, some are on top for a little while. everybody trying to find a way in the doors. The Internet has made huge changes but most of the stuff is the same. Building a product, manufacturing a product, putting your soul into it, building demand for it, getting it front of people who have the demand. There is nothing about the music business that has ever changed one iota. The delivery systems have changed, and the ability to get your product in front of literally millions of people has improved. But other than that it is about the same. And of course the complainers never change. i hear things on this thread and other pages that are almost verbatum what I heard twenty years ago and then people who had heard it twenty years before that and so forth and so on. I am convinced that one day they will find some cave drawing of a caveman telling his son how music wasn't the same as music was "back in his day." Overall, I just laugh at pretty much all of this. I take people's money, hopes and dreams very seriously. But I never take myself too seriously. I don't have too much to complain about. I am paid to do what I love to do, I help people get places they couldn't get to on their own or take years to do and overall I make things a little better place than they were before I was here. How are things in your neighborhood? Bowling ball is not that far. We have a GREAT party on the third Sunday of every month in the West Meade section of town. Sign up for an internet newsletter, www.nashvillemuse.com and follow some of the things going on. Love to have you down. Let me know if I can help you. MAB
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|