Jerry,

No problem. It is what I do. I want people to realize that it is not impossible. There are a LOT of gatekeepers, and a lot of steps to go through or around. But it can be done. Everyone of the people I have mentioned here, including dozens that I know I don't mention were and are doing the same things we are all doing. Writing songs, recording demos, putting out product, playing gigs, doing internet ventures. not one of you are doing anything other than what you should be doing.
You just have to be effective. If writers would take one night a month and visit a writers night or open mic, in their area, if they would make the effort to contact "unknown acts" they can actually sit down with, if they would just do some follow up beyond My Space, they would find themselves in a MUCH better place than they are now.
So many people look for the easy ways like sending something to a publisher or sending off to Taxi and expect that to be it. It is not. There is NO ONE IT! there are a lot of avenues and a Lot of angles to be worked on. But I will tell you one thing that I do know for sure.
EVERY SINGLE Hit writer or artist, started out with dozens of small connections that one or a few led to the bigger things. And that is what I try to get everyone to see. Look for things around you in your neighborhood. Partner up with them. Help them and help yourself. If you help somebody else, it will come back to you ten fold. But it is a PEOPLE business. You have to shake hands, kiss babies and get people to vote for you, your songs and your efforts sometimes over their own.Go get em'.

MAB