Bill,

Great to be back...you know me...in, flury, gone. (I'm ADHD)

Come to Nashville the 3rd Monday of September (no speaker in August) and I will take you to the 3:30 Nashville Publishers Network (www.songpublishers.com) monthly meeting which meets in the main conference room of BMI (1st floor). You will go as my personal guest. And that goes for anyone else who's reading this. We LOVE having guests. I'm speaker chair and I'm not sure who I'm getting as speaker yet...I have some irons in the fire though.

Anyone interested should contact me ahead of time, either through PM or my website.

But I'm tellin' ya, getting your songs TO the right people is the easy part. Spinning their heads with your songs is the hard part. It's a tough town, a tougher market, and a brutal economy. 'Really Good' won't even get you close to getting a cut. It might win you a second appointment or invite to pitch again, but it won't get you a cut. And if U send a dog? U gone.

Like I've told Everett, the industry reps aren't trying to exclude, discrimated against, ignore, hurt, mame, deflate, criticize, demoralize, reject, or humiliate us. They just want us to write a hit song. If we don't do that, they WILL blow us off. If we do that, they will love us forever (or until we don't write another hit song). It's really up to us. It's REALLY not someone elses fault.

br
www.writethismusic.com