Big Jim, only one post from me in this discussion and I am back to work. And it is only because of the last 6 pager that evolved from a question on Christianity.


You will never be able to prove that God does NOT exist as much as an evangelical Christian or other fervid believer will NOT be able to prove that God does exist.


I have long ago concluded that the atheist is as foolish as the blind believer of a complicated dogma.


Consider this. The "total volume of reality" comprises what is known to be true and real, what is speculative, and what is unknown. God is clearly with the realm of the speculative and unknown, but that does not make God "true" or "false", simply "speculative and unknown"


The simplest truth about God is that God is possible. I choose to believe in the God of Abraham, the One God of Moses, Jesus and Mohammed. I choose to believe that each of the three are extremely important, historically and spiritually, and each gave us important lessons to live by.


I have a personal relationship with "my God", one that goes beyond organized religion. I see all believers in our one God on a different road but on a common journey. I have seen what belief in God does, to civilizations and to individuals, and you must admit that most of it is good and positive. Where it is not, it is mostly due to the failures of individuals who twist their belief to accommodate their agendas.


So I see your denial of God as foolish and uninformed and totally lacking in insight....but you are totally free to believe what you believe or don't believe.


You are also totally free to try and convince others you are right. Just remember though, the ultimate current truth about God is that God is squarely in the realm of "opinion and faith".


So as much as those who oppose you rely on this duo, so do you.



If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop