|
5 members (texritter, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, Bill Draper, 1 invisible),
24,853
guests, and
5,917
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,343
Top 30 Poster
|
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,343 |
OK Is it moral to insist that others cannot have abortions just because it does not please you? More important how can it be morally wrong to have an abortion but morally right to put someone to death in a gas chamber or by lethal injection or any other kind of capital punishment. If ALL life is so precious that every fetus regardless of circumstances has to be saved why do you have capital punishment where you kill fully developed humans?....I can never get my head around that huge piece of hypocrisy and so far nobody has replied to this statement despie me mentioning this several times in previous posts. I assume that there is no defence to what I see clearly as double standards and hypocrisy. If everyone has different ideas and standards of morality how do you know that your moral standards are any better than someone else. So how can you inflict your will on others who do not believe as you do. Well Big Jim I'll give you an answer. Killing a Murderer as punishment for the life he/she took vs aborting a fetus. Innocent life vs an evil person. There is no comparison. Killing the murderer merits no debate, no option. The Murderer should be killed. Killing a fetus is considered Murder by the folks who are against it. Having said that I also believe a Woman should have control of her own body and what happens to it. I also believe there might be circumstances where a woman would choose abortion. But Abortion should be done very early in the pregnancy. Before the Brain develops. I also believe the Father of the fetus should have a say in the matter. Having lost my own children as infants I might see it from a different perspective. I loved those babies the day I found out my wife was pregnant and it Broke my heart when my son died within a couple hours of birth. From that perspective I can tell you I would NEVER allow my wife/Girlfriend to have an abortion. NEVER. If she doesn't want the Child then complete the birth and give it to me. The woman can take a hike. As for Capital punishment. While everyone knows mistakes have been made in the past but with today's modern forensics it is pretty hard to convict an innocent murderer. And in some cases the guilt is so obvious a trial is only a formality. How should they be executed. As quickly and humanely as possible. But it should be immediately after the conviction. The murderer didn't give the victim any time and the Murderer shouldn't get any either. BTW I also believe in capital punishment for some crimes less than murder. And this has nothing to do with religion. Actually the opposite. I couldn't care less what a religious group thinks about it. As for God. Well if there is a God I expect he will treat the Fetus just like any other infant death. What difference does it make if the fetus is still in the womb or it's three days old when it dies. It is still dead and supposedly God will take care of the Children. Will God consider the Mother a murderer? That's for God to say. Just a little note In the USA 33% of all murders are committed with a weapon other than a gun. Studies have shown that if guns were outlawed and removed from society the rate of murders without a gun would be....you guessed it 100%. And guess what. I own about a dozen guns and I haven't killed anyone....yet
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,082
Posts1,185,776
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|