|
8 members (Fdemetrio, bennash, Irwin, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
99,740
guests, and
5,824
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 5,581
Top 50 Poster
|
Top 50 Poster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 5,581 |
I was speaking to a pal of mine last night. He has spent many years working in Kansas USA as a teacher but has recently returned to take up a job here. He told me that Creationism as a factual subject rather than as a religious belief was taught in a lot of schools there. In other words it was taught as being factual rather than just a religious opinion or belief. On the other hand the teaching of evolution is banned in some places. There were court cases to have it banned. He also told me that creationists absolutely refuse to accept any scientific evidence which casts any doubt on their beliefs to the point of it being silly. No matter how reliable the evidence is it is treated as being false and they go to great lengths to refute or ignore this evidence. I immediately thought of Stevie.......Some people never let facts get in the way of beliefs. Now Stevie if we were created then what was created was a far cry from what we are today...... millions of years of evolution has seen to that. Just take an X ray of yourself and you will see the remains of a tail that your ancestors once had. Take a look at any animal including humans and to see how they adapt in appearance to cope with changes in climate, habitat and foods. The world is changing slowly but surely and life forms evolve or die out. It is a slow process but a process none the less. The dinosaurs died out. They evolved into birds and reptiles.....unless of course the zillions of fossil evidence found everywhere are ALL fakes. I too wash my feet daily....it is nice to have good personal hygiene standards...but why people do it as a form of worship is a mystery to me....unless of course God has a foot fetish. Jim, I was going to bow out of further engagement on this thread as it's beating a dead horse but you so graciously addressed me in your post. Thanks you for being so thoughtful of me. Have your pal send you the names of public schools that prohibit the teaching of evolution and I'll personally call them myself to find out if it's true. If it is I'll alert the media. That would indeed be big news over here and I'm sure they'd love to do a story on it. The fact is that evolution is taught everywhere I'm aware of but you are prohibited to teach Creationism along side of it as an alternate theory even, due to Federal and State mandates. This in contrast to the 1st Amendment to the constitution which states...Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. Thanks to a single atheist mother and her son in I think 1962 prayer has been prohibited in public schools by the same Supreme Court that starts it's sessions off with a prayer. Go figure that one out, even though the vast majority of Americans are against the law. By the way, her son, William Murry is a Christian evangelist now and has tried without success to get that decision repealed. One high school a few years ago not far from where I live warned the honor students that they could not make any mention of God in their graduation speeches. It created a public outcry from the majority who were against the rule. The Valedictorian intentionally sneezed during his address and the whole student body stood up and yelled "God bless you." As far as evolution is concerned, the jury is out for me. I have no trouble believing that God may have chosen to begin life that way but I haven't seen enough evidence to convince me that evolution is factual rather than an unproven theory. There are too many holes in it as a theory and too many gaps in the fossil record but I have an open mind. There are Christians who do believe in evolution as the method God used to create life. But where can it be shown that inorganic matter became living matter in either the past or that it is happening now? It's all speculation. By the way, I have stated that I do believe in evolution within species due to genetics. So I do at least have an open mind as opposed to you. As far as dinosaurs is concerned, it seems that scientists now believe they died out due to a mile wide comet or asteroid hitting the Earth, causing an ice age. If that is true then they didn't evolve into anything. They just died out. I'm glad you wash your feet too Jim. That was, incase you didn't get it, a joke. Anyway, have your friend send you a list of the public schools he mentions that prohibit the teaching of evolution and I will definitely get in touch with them to see if it's true. If it is I will most definitely follow up on it with the media in any way I can. It would be an interesting story
I'm the only person here who is not unique.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,106
Posts1,185,851
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|