|
5 members (texritter, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
37,947
guests, and
5,738
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,030 Likes: 100
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,030 Likes: 100 |
Rob,
Think about it.
I dont think that I am the most political voice here. I think that you are. Doesnt matter one way or the other.
There are two meddlesome foreigners with TDS who characteristically post their disdain for Trump here on this Indiana based songwriting site.
One of them became so utterly verKlempt at Trump's 2nd election that, like Rosie Odonnell, he self-deported. In his case, from FLA to Germany. His name is Rob.
There is also a misceallaneous goof-asaur who is so abjectly oblivious to self, that he posts his disgust with Trump in this thread, starts a fire, and after the fire rages on, he says he is going to demand that Brian shut this mess down. That is too dumb to be true....but it is.
As for me... I think that political discussions are interesting, yet toxic and destructive. I think that your rantings about Trump are a detriment to this song site, yet I can't disallow it....BUTT....I can answer/counter it whenever I see it.
So Rob, your answer is that I am here because of you and John and Domb. Marty, I thought about it, and you already gave the answer yourself: It doesn’t matter one way or the other. I’ll correct a few things and then I’m done with this. First, I didn’t “self-deport.” I travel to Germany because I have family there. That’s not political, and framing it that way is unnecessary. Second, I did not start a political discussion here. The discussion was already political when I posted my very short comment. Third, calling people “foreigners,” assigning motives like “TDS,” or lumping multiple members together doesn’t advance discussion — it escalates it. That’s exactly the kind of tone you’ve said makes politics toxic here. I’m fine with disagreement. I’m not fine with personal attacks or misrepresentation. Most people are here because this is a songwriting site. They participate in music, lyrics, and craft. When you say “I’m here because of you and John and Dom,” that says more than you probably intend. I’m done with this exchange and returning to the actual purpose of the site.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,081
Posts1,185,775
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|