|
6 members (Michael W. Brown, texritter, CTthomas, Bill Draper, bennash, 1 invisible),
31,237
guests, and
5,864
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,427 Likes: 16
Top 50 Poster
|
Top 50 Poster
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,427 Likes: 16 |
Ray,
I guess I just don't know what you are listening to. I think there is some really good music being made out there. Has always been plenty of stuff that is less than palatable. Everyone has their tastes. But could be I am a little prejudiced, since a lot of these people who make the music today are friends of mine. For my money, many of the writers and artists of yesterday were the ones who were far from clear,or black and white, a lot of it being closer to paisly and tie die for my taste and if you ask them today much of that music was drug induced and designed to reflect what they were going through at that time. Again, some of those guys are people I know also and I get that point of view from them. So as far as any one question, I am sorry if I can't provide an answer for you. I'm just trying to do what I can to explain a bit of what it is like from the "other side of the desk" with the people who are doing this in today's market, from the writer, artist, publisher, plugger, and record industry side.
MAB
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,082
Posts1,185,776
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|