Jim,

I wasn't addressing people pointing out problems. But the site is FAR different from other music page sites out there. Do you really think MySpace could give a crap about ANY grassroots artists out there? Do you think they'd EVER listen to a single comment you had to make? Do you think they'd come to a site like ours and individually answer concerns and take action? Ha!

There's a big difference between pointing out issues and tearing something down or suggesting they are no better than anyone else. That is simply not true on any level. I get approached by similar sites literally every week. All of them say the same things, but in the case of Daniel and Ourstage, I could tell he was actually LISTENING to what we were saying in return. They are actively seeking ways to create more opportunities for artists.. all sorts of performance opportunities, all sorts of mentoring opportunities etc. Plus there's the money.

What's the worst possible thing that can happen on Ourstage? Your song gets listened to several thousand times in a given month and doesn't rank very high at the end. That's the worst case scenario. From there, it can gain fans, it can be discovered by any number of people, it can rank well enough to get in the finals, it can then help you be chosen for a performance opportunity, it can win a channel and win some money, or it could win the grand prize. In the meantime, you can also discover some cool artists, find people to network with, make some new contacts with artists in your genre who make similar music as you and thus probably have very relevent contacts and experiences to share with you. You can target specific prizes like a slot at the Newport Folk Festival (at least 1 JPF member will be getting a full set there.. maybe more).

So Ben, if you'd won $5000 dollars last month, would you still be quitting? If so, then it's simply impossible to please you.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney