Everett,

They have a pretty large number of genres already and as they can accomodate them, they add more. Country also has Americana and Folk which certainly are border genres. I know they've discussed having Bluegrass, but then where do you put Roots and Swing and (on and on). We have 100 genres in the JPF awards... and they have over 40 in their contests. Even we find folks not happy with the numbers we have. As they have enough quality material to expand, they will. The more the merrier for them remember, as they want site traffic.

I was doing a little research and found that they are, in fact, getting a huge amount of site traffic. This was from an independent source. And on top of that, the traffic they get doesn't seem to be musicians much as a percentage, which is what people should want if they hope to reach fans. So it seems to me that they're finding the success they are wanting. And they have no reason not to have 200 genres if they can support them with enough quality entries. So give them time to grow.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney