Tropic Of Candy Corn: Baack to #5 after falling from 3rd to 12th a few days ago.

A Strange And Different Wind: #107 New Age/World

Beyond Eternity: #184 Instrumental. This was originally in Guitar Instrumental and peaked at #37 there. OurStage moved it to Instrumental because it has a violin passage in it and it is very softly played on an acoustuc guitar.

The biggest heartburn I have with them moving it (I think it should have remained in Guitar Instrumental) is that when they moved a song, it goes into last position. I think it should go in the same relative position in the channel form which it was moved. Example...If I was #50 out of 100 entries in the channel from which it was moved, if the new channel into which it was moved has 200 entries, I should be entered in that new channel at #100...the same relative position. I think that would be most fair way to do it. The reviewers could then send it up or down as they saw fit. To go from #37 to to #374 because of an involuntary swith seems a bit unfair.

Overall, I enjoy my experience at OurStage and will not leave simply because of this. My music gets a ton of exposure, regardless of how it places in the "charts". That is enough reason to be there, as far as I am concerned. I have one song that already has had almost 4,000 plays. That's not bad....for free.

Scott Andrew: I think the situation you described (demo placing better than polished work) shows the power of the song over the power of production to the average listener. The typical listener just wants a good song. Short of really sloppy, production means little to the everyday listener. A reasonably well produced cut of a great song will almost always trump a polished cut of a song that may not be as innately strong. It's pretty much as Brian says "Does the song move you?", rather than are you impressed with the quality of the cut? Good luck!

Alan

Last edited by Al David; 09/22/08 01:42 PM.