Just thought I'd tell the world that I just posted a track called "El Cant dels Ocells" on the Onstage instrumental channel. It's a traditional Catalunyan (Spain) melody we learned there last year, but we do an arrangement of it with cello, trumpet, drums, accordion, and our friend Cyril Neville (of the Neville Brothers) on congas. It's from our new CD "LOVE OR DIE!" which is a tango-influenced disc of tunes from serbia, USA, Venezuela, Argentina, Catalunya, Klezmer, etc. www.thejustdesserts.com

The only thing i have to say about ourstage.com so far is that i entered this song in the instrumental channel only becuase the "world" channel was lumped in with "new age"!!!! what a silly thing for them to do!!! seriously! anyone who thinks all world music is comparable with new age music is really missing out.

hope y'all go check it out. oh, and if you have europe summer festival info, send it our way...we just got back from ecuador and are heading over the atlantic summer 2009.

Michael Shay- The Just Desserts - World fusion on accordion and cello - http://www.thejustdesserts.com - Austin, TX, and the WORLD