|
8 members (bennash, texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, Fdemetrio, 1 invisible),
34,753
guests, and
5,992
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
Yeah, They started selling lp's in 1949. Before that, an album was like a photo album. It was a "book" of envelopes that held 78rpm records. I remember that we had 78rpm albums of Gene Autry, Mario Lanza, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Hank Williams, Liberace and Steve Allen among others. We had one lp, the cast album of South Pacific. My mother used to talk about the old crank Victrola with the megaphone with nostalgia. I feel sorry that my kids won't get to experience the joy of the vinyl record. I also feel sorry that at my age I won't get to experience the joy of growing up in the digital age. Michael Laskow's model sounds reasonable to me. The key is, as Brian points out, there will be various sources of recommendation and endorsement for new music beyond the bandwidth limitation of radio. It's an exciting time for the independant artist. All the Best, Mike ------------------ Mike Dunbar Music
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,077
Posts1,185,771
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|