You are allowed by court precedent to a "personal copy". Nowdays, ya that generally means burning one for the car. There are no hard and fast rules for fair use, the only way to be certain your use is a fair use is for a court to decide. But she wants a copy for work too, or for friends, they play music during surgery. I'm not Mr. Fanatic about the whole thing...but the point is that burning does take away sales, just as file sharing does.

Most of the stuff I buy is indie label or self released stuff. Like most of the music of JPFOLKS members. Ask any of these people if they have ever seen any of the CD manufacture royality money. They haven't. And they won't. And besides, I think that only applies to the specifically music labeled CD's that people are supposed to use for those deck type Philips recorders. Most people don't use those CD's.



[This message has been edited by Liszt Laughing (edited 03-11-2004).]


Boo...my name is Doug