|
6 members (Everett Adams, bennash, Gary E. Andrews, texritter, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
42,029
guests, and
5,715
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
Dak, I agree with you. The ol'paradigm is shifting. The marketing of recorded music will be completely different within the next few years. My earlier, somewhat "tongue-in-cheek," comment was meant to illustrate this: We belong to the world's largest internet networking group of musicians. Most, nearly all, of our members have been disenfranchised with the business conducted by the major labels. Now, with these major labels in trouble, one of our allies is in a good enough position to be expounding his theories for the future of the music business to Newsweek, one of our nation's three largest news magazines. My Mama didn't raise any fools. I'm going to wish Mike Laskow's model well. If I were to find any problems with it, I would offer my findings, along with any theoretical solutions, in a spirit of teamwork and friendship. I want JPF and our allies to become powerful forces in the music business. It is people, not models, who do business with each other, and even if I never do any business with Taxi, having them become a major music filter can only help Just Plain Folks which can, in turn, benefit our entire membership. All the Best, Mike ------------------ Mike Dunbar Music
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,081
Posts1,185,775
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|