|
7 members (Fdemetrio, Irwin, Gary E. Andrews, bennash, Michael W. Brown, 2 invisible),
83,931
guests, and
5,806
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
Truman, The big record companies are changing. Warner Brothers just fired a whole slew of employees. Radio is very slowly losing it's stranglehold on the buying public to TV and movies (think of O Brother Where Art Thou as one example, MTV and CMT as a few others.) I can't see why that won't continue. My 14 year old daughter and her friends listen to hip hop, country, rock, and Christian. They spin the dials looking for their favorite songs going from "filter" to "filter" in a way I never did. They also cruise the net masterfully. I think this change is reminiscent of the cable tv revolution. Everyone thought that would be the end of the networks and the death of quality programming and production. Now we get the Sopranos, Band of Brothers, Taken, not to mention specialty channels like gardening, golf, Animal Planet, and Court TV. There are more, rather than fewer, quality productions. The same with the home video revolution. It was going to be the end of the Hollywood Movie. Tell that to J.R.R. Tolkein's inheritors or Mel Gibson. I just don't see things staying the way they are. Mike Laskow presents a model that is thoughtful and well researched. Better thinkers than I can come up with all kinds of reasons why it won't work, but lesser thinkers than I have changed the world in the face of greater "naysaying." Mr. Laskow, a friend of JPF, has proven himself to be a doer, and a successful one at that. Here's to his continued success. ------------------ Mike Dunbar Music
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,107
Posts1,185,853
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|