|
7 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
70,971
guests, and
6,008
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,294
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,294 |
I listened to the entire interview. I think the system they're proposing could work. That said, I think Zack Zalon is glossing over a lot of the pain it'll take to get such a system running. I mean, it's good that Virgin Digital is pushing in this direction, but even Zack says that the biggest problem is infrastructure and support in portable devices. I'll be very suprised to see if this launches in any other capacity than the "Virgin Digital Media Player" on Windows XP only by year's end. But it's a start. It's a pretty exciting idea. Just yesterday I was jonesing to hear an old 80's tune. I didn't want to own it, just listen to it. If such a system as Zalon describes were in place, I could listen to it right then. That would be like liquid crack to me! ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/smile.gif) I don't get Zalon's beef with Apple iTunes, though. He mentions that Virgin won't be doing anything for the iPod because Apple's locked down in some proprietary format. And yet the first rollout of Virgin Digital is built on top of Microsoft's DRM silliness, which only works on Windows. Excuse me? Who's locking down what here? Besides, I'm betting that within two years, Apple will be all over this model anyway. ------------------ Scott Andrew and the Walkingbirds Lo-fi DIY acoustic pop Hear it: http://www.scottandrew.com/main/music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,067
Posts1,185,738
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|