|
6 members (texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Sunset Poet, Everett Adams, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
16,955
guests, and
5,556
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114 |
Mike, what do you think of Tony Rice's version of "Song For A Winters Night"? Tony does a lot of Gordon Lightfoot covers, and with class.
I'm like Doug, I can't put it into words but I have always liked Paul Simon's "American Tune" ( sorry Nubbin it's about immigration). I also like the way that Garfunkel sings it. It's not a simple song, at least to me. Paul changes chords like I change notes on a string. The bridge (..and I dreamed I was dying..) always gets to me. He did his job on my part and produced an unforgettable song. Ben
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,050
Posts1,185,699
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|