Originally Posted by Rand Bishop
"I'll Take You There" by the Staples is a two-chorder that relies on that infectious bass line to grab you and keep your derriere movin'.
Dance The Night Away by The Mavericks is another 2 chord wonder – great bass line, brass, organ. Guaranteed to get people up dancing.

Hi Rand

Thanks for starting such a great thread.

Growing up in the 60s I was exposed to loads of music. As I was just a kid I didn’t really get love songs, unless there were what you might call a gimmicky in some way. One of my favourites then was These Boots Are Made For Walking by Nancy Sinatra – The quirky bass line, walking boots, girl power (before the phrase was invented), what more could you want? Now that’s a great performance. Rumour has it that Lee Hazelwood told Nancy something along the lines of “Sing it like you are 16 year old schoolgirl trying to pull 40 year old truckers!” – Perfect pop genius - I still love the song.

Nige smile