|
6 members (Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, 1 invisible),
88,657
guests, and
5,868
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114 |
Rand, you're right in everything you said about Karen Carpenter. I didn't appreciate the songs at the time, I was more into heavy rock and wrote those songs off as corny or bubblegumish. As I got older I discovered her voice. When I was a teenager my older sister had all of the Carpenters albums. I didn't realize at the time that one of my favorite singer/songwriters Leon Russell had written several Carpenters songs, "Song For You", "Superstar" etc.
We had a thread some time ago featuring Karen singing "Superstar" in a video that brought a lot of response to her unique vocal. That song is my favorite but I still like the Rita Coolidge version from Joe Cocker's "Mad Dogs And Englishmen" just as well. I wish she were still here. Ben
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,067
Posts1,185,738
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|