|
8 members (bennash, texritter, Michael W. Brown, Sunset Poet, Gary E. Andrews, Fdemetrio, 2 invisible),
31,399
guests, and
5,856
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 104
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 104 |
I'm a little curios. How many of us are willing to sell all of our meager possessions and move to those other countries described in this thread? (And I"m aware that some on this forum are from those countries but I can't speak for them). Would we be able to be independent songwriters? Would we be able to have our own music related businesses? Not sure, just askin. Personally, I would rather live in a country where I had at least a "chance" of financial success than a country where I was limited in what I could make. Assuredly there are problems in any society on earth right now. I'm also curious about the continued slavery in this country. Someone tell me one country in the world where everyone has not only the right, but the distinct possibility to be free from anyone ever telling them what they can or can't do. If not getting all the "breaks" everyone else gets is slavery I don't get it. Equality isn't that you get everything I have no matter the situation. Equality is you have the same opportunity I have to get what I have and vice versa.
And I know this is another one of those threads where we won't solve it on a forum.
Steve
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,096
Posts1,185,814
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sharing in your success is the payback to those who shared in your failure." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|