Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
Lyrics for song titled "G'DAY MATE !"/ (c)22.03.02/Ray Thyer.
Verse1 Let me tell you about 'Down Under', the land they call 'Australia'. A big island, seas all around, A great place to be they call 'Down Under'. Hot tropics with rainforest ground, Cool mountains where snow abounds and desert too adds to the wonder. Great place this, they call 'Down under'.
Verse2. Koala bears live in the trees, Big birds called Emus run on ground. Kookaburras laugh, loudly shout. Kangaroos hop and skip about. Lots of sheep with wool on their back, Mobs of cattle roam in the Outback. Platypus swim where cockatoos clown, Wombats feed nights and wander around.
Chorus: 'Down Under' is really great, Places to see and things to do. Blokes and Sheilas call each other 'Mate'. Come visit us, say 'G'day' too.
Verse3. 'Queensland' is a wonderful State, 'Barrier Reef', you must see, Mate. Sydney's harbour is a delight, The Opera House sparkles at night. 'Melbourne', city of grace and lure, 'Dandenongs', beautiful for sure. AUS-TRAL-I-A !, AUS-TRAL-I-A ! waits by the sea, come soon and see.
Bridge: AUS-TRAL-I-A !, AUS-TRAL-I-A ! One and all, a great place to be. Around the world they come to see miles of sand beaches by the sea.
Verse4. 'Adelaide' has churches old, tranquility there many hold. 'Perth', capital of the far west, Great place to live, they say the best. 'Darwin' in the 'Northern Territory', 'Northern Gateway' is their Asia story. 'Tasmania', the apple isle, an island too, stay there a while.
OUTRO: AUS-TRAL-I-A!, AUS-TRAL-I-A ! lives and breathes like no other. A land of fair dinkum Aussies, a continent too, it is said. Really is a great place, 'Down Under'.
(c)copyright and all rights reserved.
[This message has been edited by Brian Austin Whitney (edited 08-31-2002).]
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.