Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
Basically they're saying , if you get caught you're on your own.
They use to say stealing from one is plagiarism, stealing from many is research
For the paper to make sense, it would have to borrow from somewhere at some level.
If a teacher uses an ai detector, and those things work, ai won't be allowed, just as kids can't use phones or Internet while taking tests
From what I've seen the lyrics udio puts out are weak, and kinda of disconnected.
That's interesting they mention input and output being content. If you enter interesting lyrics or entertaining lyrics, you end up with similar music.
Can take a while to find a good match.
I think with udio or anything similar the way to use it is not...this is my product, or song ,cause they are clearly borrowing vocal styles of famous singers, clearly borrowing musical styles and production styles from famous artists.
So not only will you have to worry about plagiarism issues for content, but also look like a fool publishing a song with James Taylors vocals, and Hendrix guitar.
So as is it's a fun toy. But I think the real way to use ai, is to see if it's melody is better for your song, or ...oh yeah I shoulda gone there.
Most of the time I find it's just different than my take, not better. Other times it's close to mine.
But better to take all ideas yours or ai, and make them into your own song. You do have to worry still about copyright, cause they ain't telling you where it came from.
They will be legally fine, you will be the one responsible.
I guess you never really know if your own melody is stealing from someone else.
I think more time is needed to know what can be done and what can't
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney